Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blog3

Bon soir,

I would like to share some of the realities of being a Christian here. We had a meeting with the local Monkole pastor and he was telling us life (cultural and Christian) in Pede. The family roles are similar to Chinese culture (I'll elaborate later). Being a pastor is another story. Being a local pastor, he is constantly under attack (literally) by the local witch doctors who try to poison his field and put curses on his field and life. Its quite shocking. It puts the cost of following Christ into better perspective. I found his testimony encouraging to me.

I'm running low on internet time so I'll be brief. Our filter is coming along nicely, we still need to take a look at the solar water heater before we go and I am giving my testimony tomorrow at church. Everyone's health is good.

No comments: